This product has been discontinued. See the Epson SureColor P5000
Designed to redefine the standard for photographic print quality, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 incorporates our latest achievements in professional-level ink jet technology. By combining the precision of our MicroPiezo® TFP® print head with the extraordinary performance of Epson UltraChrome® HDR Ink, our newest generation of Epson Stylus Pro printers continue to represent a level of technology unprecedented in Epson's history.
Epson UltraChrome HDR represents the latest generation of pigment ink technology. Now utilizing ten colours - including an all-new Orange and Green - Epson UltraChrome HDR Ink produces the widest colour gamut ever from an Epson Stylus Pro printer. Even more remarkable, when combined with our new Epson AccuPhoto™ HDR screening technology, Epson has once again raised the level of print quality, while setting a new benchmark standard for photographic reproduction.
Our advanced Epson MicroPiezo TFP print head is capable of producing higher quality prints, at speeds up to twice as fast as our previous generation. And, with our latest ink-repelling coating and auto nozzle verification technologies, clogged nozzles are virtually eliminated.
Handling virtually any media type, in both roll or cut-sheet up to 17-inch wide, the Epson Stylus Pro 4900 continues to set the standard for professional media use. And for the first time, you can have both the front paper tray and roll feeder loaded with different media types and automatically switch between them as you print.
Whether you're producing sellable colour or black-and-white photography, fine art reproduction, or producing colour accurate commercial and flexographic proofs for client approvals, never before have Creative Professionals had such powerful tools, allowing them to produce their vision without compromise.
EFI eXpress for Epson included with Designer Edition
- Easy-to-Use intuitive interface saves time and produces accurate output.
- Print directly from the latest creative design software, or drag-and-drop files to a hot folder.
- True Adobe® PDF and Postscript 3 print engine ensures compatibility with your design files.
- Professional ICC colour management, based on BestColour technology used in the commercial EFI Colourproof XF RIP offered with the Epson Proofing Edition Series.
- Handles both CMYK data for accurate proofing to industry standards, and RGB data for exceptional results with Photography and Fine Art.
- Reproduces accurate spot colours with the included PANTONE, DIC, HKS, and TOYO libraries.
- True cross platform network printing via hot folder or eXpress Virtual Print technology.
- Software supported on both Macintosh OS X and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Includes Epson media support out of the box, and the ability to add custom media types.
*Note: EFI eXpress does not support spectrophotometers, including Epson's SpectroProofer.
Epson Stylus Pro 4900 17" Wide Printer - SP4900DES